Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this on a food blog and am keeping it here to try sometime.
- 2 fluid ounces olive oil
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- salt and pepper
- 17 1⁄2 fluid ounces mineral water
- 1 ounce sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 18 ounces chantannay carrots or 18 ounces baby carrots, washed
- 1 ounce flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 ounce chervil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5.
- Heat a frying pan and add the oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in the pan, skin side down.
- Fry for 5 minutes until golden-brown, then turn over and place in the oven.
- Roast for 8 to 10 minutes until tender, then remove and rest for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, put the water, sugar, salt and butter in a saucepan, then add the carrots, bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow the liquid to reduce to a syrup on a high heat, then add the chopped herbs and serve with the chicken.