Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thank you to my grandmother for giving me this great recipe.
- 1 lb carrot, thinly sliced.
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Put carrots into saucepan with water to cover add half of the butter the salt and the lemon.
- Cover,simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in remaining butter and sprinkle with parsley to serve.
I liked the lemony flavour. The sugar added a nice sweetness to offset the tartness of the lemon juice. However, for me, there is too much butter in the recipe. I would use less next time. Very good recipe!