Recipe by BrotherAdso
A simple herbed skillet dish, with the heady aromas of basil, oregano, red wine vinegar, garlic, red onions and olive oil. I served it with chive potatoes, lemon-pepper white beans and broccoli, and bulgur wheat for a big brunch -- huge hit.
- 1 large eggplants or 2 small eggplants
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 2 boca soy vegetarian sausage patties
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop eggplant into bite-sized chunks.
- Defrost soy sausage; dice into small chunks.
- Dice red onion.
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet.
- Add red onion, olive oil, garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add dried herbs, sauté 2-4 minutes.
- Add eggplant. Sauté on higher heat for 4-8 minutes.
- Add spinach and soy sausage. Cook for at least 10 minutes to let flavors finish melding.