1/4 Photos of Vicarage Beets
1 hr 10 mins
Beets, called beetroot in England are another of those unjustly despised vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the beets and cut off the stalks but do not remove the skins or they will bleed while cooking.
- 2Drop into a saucepan of boiling salted water and cook until they are tender. The amount of time will vary depending on their size and age, but it should take between 40 minutes and 1 hour.
- 3To determine whether they are sufficiently cooked, press them gently with your fingers.
- 4If the skin comes off easily they are done.
- 5Remove the beets from the saucepan and peel off the skins. Discard cooking water. Return them to the saucepan and toss for a few minutes with the parsley, chives and butter.
- 6Season to taste with a little salt and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vicarage Beets
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.4 mg
- Sodium 189.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g