Recipe by kelly in TO
I'm putting this out into Zaar in hopes someone who can find wattleseed will make it, and tell me how it is! This is a healthy, low gi dessert I've been wanting to try, and maybe one day I will. I've guess the time to make.
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons wattleseed
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mashed sweet potato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons wattleseed extract
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 5 cm high x 20 cm square (2-inch by 8-inch) baking dish or 10 small individual ramekins. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) degrees.
- Cream the macadamia oil, sugar and wattleseed, add the eggs and mix in well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed sweet potatoes, salt and baking powder. Add the potato mixture to the wattleseed mixture and mix well. Gradually add the milk to the mixture, add the wattleseed extract and the chopped nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake in a moderate–hot oven for about an hour or until done. If you use individual ramekins it may cook a little faster than this.