Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy bars created for an annual 5 K "Fun Run" and adapted from Cooking for Two with the Micheff Sisters. A vegan recipe.
- 59.14 ml roasted peanuts
- 59.14 ml slivered almonds
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 331.22 ml dried cranberries
- 59.14 ml dried apricot
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds (raw preferred but can use roasted)
- 236.59 ml oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 295.73 ml puffed rice cereal (like rice crispies)
- 118.29 ml smooth peanut butter
- 59.14 ml honey
- 59.14 ml pure maple syrup (or agave syrup or brown rice syrup)
- 29.58 ml vital wheat gluten
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine nuts, dried fruits, sunflower seeds, oats and rice cereal. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, honey and maple syrup. Heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add vital wheat gluten. Stir until smooth. Do NOT bring to a boil. Stir in vanilla and pour over dry ingredients. Stir well and pour into an 8 x 8" pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pat mixture down firmly into pan. Cut into 12 bars. When the bars have cooled, wrap individually in plastic wrap. Enjoy!