Recipe by kristie1150
Oatmeal Bars are high in protein and fiber. You can add a variety of items to change up flavor so they are never get boring.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 15 ounces black beans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional) or 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 3 1⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup favorite nuts or 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat over to 375 degrees.
- Rinse black beans well. Return to can and fill to top with fresh water. Puree in blender until smooth. Mix with sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- Grind flax seed or use pre-ground. Add to flour and baking soda with spice if using.
- Mix dry ingredients into the moist ingredients. Mix in the oats and nuts. Press into un-greased cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Flip out of pan and flip one more time so the top of the bars is up. Cut into 15 bars.
- Store in Sealed containers for up to 1 week in the fridge.