Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My friend Patty's DH gave us a pint of his world-famous Fig Jam. Here is a fast and easy great way to enjoy fig jam when you are tired of English muffins. If you want a spiffy salad the ingredients turn into a fantabulous dressing! Cooking time is chill time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, Philly of course, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons fig jam (use more or less but 4 worked for me)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 cups lettuce (optional)
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Mix cream cheese and jam together and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Serve as a spread/dip with sliced pears, apples, assorted crackers.
- FOR SALAD:.
- mix in the mayonnaise and drizzle over a bed of mixed lettuces, onion and sliced fruit and garnish with dried figs.
Totally yummy! I mixed homemade fig jam with whipped cream cheese, and stirred the walnuts right in. This was great served on homemade bread with some apple slices, too. Thank you for a wonderful treat!