Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A very easy hummus recipe that is great served with pita chips, crackers and fresh veggie slices.
Make and share this Very Yummus Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans, drained reserving about a 1 tbsp of drained liquid)
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tahini paste (sesame paste)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- paprika (to garnish)
- Place the drained chickpeas, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add reserved liquid, tahini, lemon juice and 1/3 cup of Olive Oil and process until smooth consistency is reached. (Gradually add a Tablespoon of Olive oil at a time until light and fluffy texture is reached if necessary).
- Add remaining spices.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to let flavors blend. Best if made the day before and given 24 hours in refrigerator.
- I like to serve the hummus in a clear glass bowl. I drizzle extra virgin olive oil over top and sprinkle with a little paprika. Serve with fresh pita bread, pita chips, crackers, and/or veggies.