Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a hardy stew made with venison, beef or bison. It can have a variety of additives such as acini de pipi, alphabet noodles, rice or whatever you have in your pantry. It was always a favorite after sledding served with a peanut butter sandwich and tea.
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 bouillon cube
- water, enough to cover by 1 inch
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- Crumble meat into 4 quart stock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the soup.
- Simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add tomato soup.
- Stir until soup is dissolved.
- Serve hot.
Excellent. Very tasty and simple. A nice mild stew. My sister made this using browned ground beef and subbed dried onion soup mix for the onions and bouillon cubes.