- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (1 g) packetno-calorie artificial sweetener (like Splenda)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the veggies and the garbanzo beans in your crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine broth, tomato paste, garlic, olive oil, basil, cinnamon, salt, paprika, ginger, and sweetener.
- Mix well and pour evenly over the contents of the crock pot. Gently stir to allow the sauce to coat the veggies.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. (OR cover and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours.)
- If you like, add additional salt to taste. Enjoy!