Like your veggies? ...then this one's for you!
Make and share this Very Veggie Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup red wine (not cooking)
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken or 1⁄2-1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel (optional)
- Saute' garlic in olive oil; add zucchini, mushrooms, celery and onion until lightly coloured.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer all together, covered for 2 hours.