Recipe by tofoo
A new variety of traditional spaghetti with my mother's ingredients, except for the hamburger. Today, we're using tofu crumbles instead of meat. For a low-carb alternative, serve over steamed spaghetti squash, spinach or your favorite julienne vegetables.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package tofu crumbles
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large pot. Saute garlic, onion, celery, green pepper, mushrooms, tofu crumbles and spices in oil.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce and bring to boil.
- Simmer on low heat for one hour.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta, steamed spaghetti squash, spinach or your favorite julienne vegetables.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.