Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
A melty-cheesy veggie pizza
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small white onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into long thin strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Boboli pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, well drained and halved
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup ripe black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 cups coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and place a baking stone, if using one, on the rack; preheat oven to 500°.
- While the oven is heating, place the zucchini, onion, and bell pepper in a bowl; toss the vegetables with the olive oil, oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Remove the Boboli pizza crust from the package and set aside the packet of tomato sauce.
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza screen, pizza pan, or rimless baking sheet, or on a pizza peel ready to slide directly onto the baking stone.
- To top the pizza: spread the pizza sauce over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Arrange the vegetables evenly over the sauce; scatter the artichokes over the top.
- Distribute the cheese evenly over the vegetables.
- Place the pizza in the oven on the rack or stone; bake the pizza until the crust it crisp and a deep golden brown and the cheese is golden, 10-12 minutes.
- Slice the pizza into wedges and serve.