Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great breakfast for two!!
Make and share this Very Veggie Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add zucchini, tomato, oregano and pepper.
- Cook and stir 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid nearly evaporated.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites, water, cream of tartar and salt until stiff peaks form.
- Place egg substitute in another bowl, fold in egg white mixture.
- Pour into a 10 inch oven proof skillet coated with non-stick spray.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned then bake in 350F oven 9- 10 minutes or until set.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over one side of the egg mixture, sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Fold over, then transfer to a warm platter.
- Sprinkle with rest of cheese.
This is an excellent omelet. It is light and fluffy and full of flavor. This recipe was featured in the collectors issue of Taste of Home's Light & Tasty..and light it is! It's easy to double the ingredients and use two pans so the whole family can eat at the same time! Thanks, Tootsie for posting..you saved me a bunch of typing!