Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great vegetable chili - really good when used to stuff corn tortillas, with some salsa!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 red chile, deseeded and chopped
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 115 g green beans, sliced (optional)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 400 g whole canned tomatoes, chopped
- 400 g canned red kidney beans
- black pepper
- chopped fresh coriander (to garnish)
- Saute the onion, garlic and chilli in a little of the stock for about 5 minutes Stir in the paprika and tomato puree.
- Stir in the vegetables and add the chopped tomatoes and the rest of the stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Season with black pepper. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with fresh-made tomato salsa!