Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my own creations; a crunchy, tasty twist on the classic bruschetta. I am a devout garlic-lover, so I use lots, but you can use less if you prefer. The flavor of this bruschetta gets better as it sets, so it is a great make-ahead appetizer. I enjoy this recipe with a nice big bowl of soup for a light, healthy lunch.
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled,seeded, and diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread or 1 loaf crusty French bread, sliced and toasted
- grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in medium size bowl.
- Top toasted bread slices with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Note from Chef: If making this to serve at a party or to a group of guests, serve the tomato mixture in a bowl, with the toast and parmesan on the side and let guests prepare their own bruschetta. If prepped ahead of time, the toast becomes soggy.
Wow, this was awesome, thanks for sharing it. I warmed it up a little before serving it.