Recipe by Manda
This is one of my own creations; a crunchy, tasty twist on the classic bruschetta. I am a devout garlic-lover, so I use lots, but you can use less if you prefer. The flavor of this bruschetta gets better as it sets, so it is a great make-ahead appetizer. I enjoy this recipe with a nice big bowl of soup for a light, healthy lunch.
Top Review by Manda
Note from Chef: If making this to serve at a party or to a group of guests, serve the tomato mixture in a bowl, with the toast and parmesan on the side and let guests prepare their own bruschetta. If prepped ahead of time, the toast becomes soggy.
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled,seeded, and diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread or 1 loaf crusty French bread, sliced and toasted
- grated parmesan cheese