Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is adapted from "Cookery the Australian Way", 7th edition. As always I have expanded the vegetable repertoire in it, but you can put in whatever you have to make it suit you and your family.
- 1 (440 g) can red kidney beans or 1 (440 g) can borlotti beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon curry paste, to taste
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 250 g pumpkin, diced
- 125 g green beans, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄4 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1⁄2 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cooked rice, to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan and gently fry onion, garlic, ginger and curry paste till onion is tender.
- Add all fresh vegetables and saute 5 minutes.
- Add water, coconut milk and drained beans, and bring to boil.
- Simmer 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but still firm.
- Serve with rice.