1/1 Photo of Very Vanilla Cupcakes With Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
Another simple and delicious recipe from Anna Olsen, pastry chef, cookbook writer, TV host, and owner of Olson Foods + Bakery. These make really beautiful, sweet, vanilla-y cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Very Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup cake-and-pastry flour
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash fine salt
- 3 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 4 extra large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 1Very Vanilla Cupcakes:. Preheat oven to 350 °F and line mini muffin tins with paper liners.
- 2Sift flours, baking powder and salt and set aside. Whisk milk, oil and vanilla bean paste together and set aside.
- 3Whip egg whites with 6 tbsp of sugar until they hold a soft peak when beaters are lifted. In a separate bowl, whip egg yolks with remaining 6 tbsp of sugar until doubled in volume and a pale, butter colour. Fold whipped whites into yolk mixture. Fold flour into whipped eggs in two additions. Stir a spoonful of batter into milk mixture then add all back to batter, folding quickly to incorporate.
- 4Pipe or spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, 3/4-full. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until cupcake springs back when touched. Let cool.
- 5Easy Icing:. Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy and smooth. On low speed, add icing sugar, 1 cup at a time, until blended. Beat in vanilla bean paste and add milk, 1 tbsp at a time until desired consistency is achieved. Ice cupcakes as desired.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Vanilla Cupcakes With Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.4 mg
- Sodium 49.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean paste
vanilla bean paste