1/3 Photos of Very Vanilla Cupcakes
Go the extra mile and make these with the vanilla sugar described below--sensational! These are really wonderful with Coffee-Cream Cheese Frosting (see my recipes for it).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Grease and flour 24 standard-size muffin cups, or line with paper wrappers; set aside.
- 3Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- 5Gradually add the sugar; continue beating until very light and fluffy.
- 6Reduce mixer speed to medium; beat in the eggs, 2 at a time, then the vanilla.
- 7Reduce mixer speed to low; alternately beat in the flour mixture with the milk, just until blended.
- 8Spoon the batter into the prepared cups; bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are soft but springy.
- 9Cool 5-10 minutes in the tins on a wire rack; carefully invert and cool completely.
- 10Frost as desired.
- 11*For a more intense vanilla flavor, make vanilla sugar: bury a halved vanilla bean in a container of granulated sugar; cover tightly and let stand for a few days to let the flavor develop.
- 12Stir every so often.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Vanilla Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.9
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 178.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g