Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Go the extra mile and make these with the vanilla sugar described below--sensational! These are really wonderful with Coffee-Cream Cheese Frosting (see my recipes for it).
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease and flour 24 standard-size muffin cups, or line with paper wrappers; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the sugar; continue beating until very light and fluffy.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium; beat in the eggs, 2 at a time, then the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; alternately beat in the flour mixture with the milk, just until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cups; bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are soft but springy.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in the tins on a wire rack; carefully invert and cool completely.
- Frost as desired.
- *For a more intense vanilla flavor, make vanilla sugar: bury a halved vanilla bean in a container of granulated sugar; cover tightly and let stand for a few days to let the flavor develop.
- Stir every so often.