Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very dense, moist cake recipe that I made up in my kitchen because I was bored and had vanilla beans, I hope you like it!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- Cream the butter and sugar together very well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt, then add to the wet, don't mix it together yet.
- Beat the eggs together well then add to the wet/dry and mix together very well.
- Add in the vanilla and milk and mix again.
- Then take and split your vanilla bean and scrape the seeds out and mix into the batter.
- I think this will make two 8 inch cakes, I used a 14 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 until toothpick come out clean.