Recipe by ladypit
Tonight my husband asked for chocolate chip cookies but I couldn't get myself to use all that butter. I found the recipe for these but was a little concerned since every chocolate chip cookie recipe I've used with canola oil has a problem with the chips adhering to the dough. Luckily, this was not a problem and these turned out really yummy and not difficult to work with at all. These will be a very crispy cookie. Adapted from a recipe in "Great Good Food" by Julee Rosso. Baking time is so long because this takes multiple times of filling up your baking sheets!
Top Review by 457robin003
I scaled this down by half, using 1 egg, 3/4 cup sugar paired with a couple tablespoons of molasses, and no chocolate chips. I'm someone who doesn't have much luck with cookies, but these have come out perfectly every time I've made them. Wonderful, thank you.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the 2 sugars, the oil, the egg and the egg whites until it is all quite smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix with the mixer until combined.
- Using a spoon add the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Using a 1/2 teaspoon sized spoon, drop the dough onto a cookie sheet you have sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until browned.