Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From a local newspaper. This won an award at the state fair. This uses a brine which needs to marinade 6-12 hours.
- 6 thick-cut pork chops
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- vegetable oil
ZESTY ORANGE SAUCE
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup prepared horseradish
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Place pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag or large bowl.
- Add onion, garlic, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Combine water, salt, and sugar in another large bowl.
- Stir well to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Pour salt/sugar brine over the chops.
- Seal and make sure all the meat is submerged.
- Refridgerate 6-12 hours.
- Remove the chops from the brine and discard the brine.
- Pat the chops dry from the brine and drizzle with a little oil before grilling.
- Grill over medium-high heat about 8 min per side.
- Let chops rest 5 min before serving.
- To make zesty orange sauce:.
- Combine orange juice, horseradish, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer a few minutes until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Stir in the mustard and the butter.
- Serve with grilled chops or pork tenderloin.
Delicious chops. I brined mine overnight and grilled them for our lunch. Extremely flavourful meat and the sauce was wonderful - sweet/sour/hot/spicy. Really a wonderful combination. The grilling time was right on. A keeper.