Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
If you thought you've had tender chicken, or pork chops(or pork steak)try this.It takes some time but well worth it!My mother is 77 and tought me this recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 packages saltines
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 2 cans beer (any)
- chicken or pork
- 2 cups oil (for frying)
- any spices, you like to rub
- clean product (chicken or pork).
- Pour beer in a bowl,than let set for 5 min.
- ,ruboff extra fat and blood.
- Set aside at room temp.
- to drain.
- Rub on spices.
- In a food processor,crush crackers (the finer the better).
- Pour out on shallow bake pan.
- Put 3- cups flour in a 1 gallon (or paper) bag.
- Mix eggs and milk.
- coat product with flour.
- dip in egg wash,make sure no pockets of flour remain.
- dredge and press cracker crumbs into meat.
- place on plate and freeze for 30 min.
- (turning after 15min).
- fry on med heat untill golden brown.
- (about 5 min. per side on chicken,4min. on pork) place on shallow baking pan (with drain rack) in the middle of pre heated oven@325 for 30 min.
- If you use bonless chicken,reduce bake time by 10 min.