Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm always looking for ways to make a non-boring rice. I came up with this and we loved it! A wonderful accompaniment for any meal. A touch of sweet, garlic, and a tad spicy - yummy! Just the right blend. Definately a keeper!! Fresh cilantro would make a tasty garnish!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 of fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 peeled apple, chopped
- 18 fluid ounces apple juice (an ounce or two-or to taste - water may be added - liquid should equal about 18 oz.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (dried ok)
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer until done.
- Remove stem from fresh thyme before serving.