- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the chickpeas (if they are not canned) in water for 12 hours. If you use canned garbanzo beans then skip this step and step 2 as here in Egypt we buy raw chickpeas.
- Boil the chickpeas in hot water till totally cooked; drain and set aside till it cools down.
- In a big bowl, mix the olive oil, vinegar, cumin, salt and lemon; mix very well.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic; mix thoroughly and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas; mix well and enjoy :).
- Bon Appetit.