1/1 Photo of Very Tangy Lime (Or Lemon) Bars
1 hr 25 mins
This recipe is out of a cookbook called "Pure Dessert" by Alice Medrich. The emphasis is on "pure flavor," or, in this case, "pure lime" (a half cup mind you). Yum. The crust is buttery, delicious, crunchiness, underneath it all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For the topping
- 1Place rack in lower third of over and preheat to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of an 8" square baking pan with foil.
- 2To make the crust, in a medium bowl, combine the melted butter with the sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the flour and mix just until incorporated.
- 3Press the dough all over the bottom of the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until well browned on the edges and golden brown in the center.
- 4To make the topping, in a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. whisk in eggs. stir in lemon juice and lime zest.
- 5When crust is ready, turn oven down to 300 degrees. Slide the rack out (with pan on it) and pour filling onto hot crust.
- 6Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the center no longer jiggles.
- 7Lift the foil liner out and transfer bars to cutting board. You can blot the surface of the bars to remove any foam. (Test to make sure your bars aren't to sticky first. This trick could remove a lot more than excess foam -- ).
- 8Cut into bars. Dust with powdered sugar right before serving. Will keep in airtight container for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Tangy Lime (Or Lemon) Bars
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Sodium 50.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: