Recipe by msmia
From "The Real Food Daily Cookbook" by Ann Gentry. This is a truly amazing sour cream. I have made it five times already (in one week after eating at RFD) and used it plain & in several recipes. It actually has less calories than dairy fat free sour cream & is infinitely more delicious. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have..
Top Review by White Rose Child
Indeed, this is one vegan sour cream with a special edge! The garlic, mustard, and dill marry beautifully to disguise from the staunchest omnivore any hint of "tofu-ness." I used apple cider vinegar plus a pinch of salt, as I understand that umeboshi has a saltier taste. Works perfectly and I will keep this one! Thanks, msmia!
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons umeboshi vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients (except dill) in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add dill & process to just combine.
- Transfer to covered container & refrigerate for a couple hours to let flavors develop.
- Use any way you would use regular sour cream!
- Note: umeboshi vinegar is available in asian or health food stores. Other vinegars may work too but try to find it - it is really quite unique & delicious.