Recipe by Sinapup
Simple pancakes that are extraordinary, being light, fluffy and absolutely delightfully fruity.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, smoothie fruit flavor
- 1 cup soymilk, although regular milk is fine
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the yolks and mix with the yogurt, milk,and oil in a small bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients of the small bowl to the dry ingredients in larger bowl and mix lightly.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites stirring lightly.
- Fry on 350° griddle or skillet.
- Note: fresh fruit, such as berries, bananas, and so forth can be added to the pancakes when the first side has set if desired.
- The smoothy adds a light, wonderful fruity flavor to the pancakes and the egg whites make them light. Very good.