Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 hrs
The only brisket recipe I use. Found in 1st UMC, Abilene, Texas Centennial Cookbook submitted by Jeany Coughran. I altered it from garlic salt to garlic powder & omitted the MSG - I never use it. Cooking time includes time of marinating the meat & actual cook time.
- 4 -5 lbs beef brisket, butcher trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons onions, chopped
- Mix ingredients & pour over meat, which has been put in a 9x13-inch Pyrex baking dish. Cover with foil & refrigerate for 24 hours. Cook in 250°F oven for 5-6 hours or until fork tender.
- Slice thin slices against the grain to serve.
- Pour some pan broth over meat to serve.