Recipe by Ellen Brody
I got this recipe from my mother, who got it from her mother. This is a really soft and delicious cookie. I have shared this recipe many times!
Top Review by chef vally UK
Super recipe and very adaptable- just made a batch here in Turkey with almonds which are fresh off the tree. Don't be put off by how soft the mix is - spoon it out and it will be fine. Vally
- 473.18 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml clove
- 236.59 ml margarine or 236.59 ml butter
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml milk
- 354.88 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml raisins or 236.59 ml nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, salt, soda, baking powder and spices together.
- Cream margarine with brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk and in small amounts.
- Add rolled oats, raisins and nuts.
- Heat oven at 350° and bake for 12-15 minutes.