Recipe by Ellen Brody
I got this recipe from my mother, who got it from her mother. This is a really soft and delicious cookie. I have shared this recipe many times!
Top Review by chef vally UK
Super recipe and very adaptable- just made a batch here in Turkey with almonds which are fresh off the tree. Don't be put off by how soft the mix is - spoon it out and it will be fine. Vally
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, salt, soda, baking powder and spices together.
- Cream margarine with brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Add sifted ingredients alternately with milk and in small amounts.
- Add rolled oats, raisins and nuts.
- Heat oven at 350° and bake for 12-15 minutes.