Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was given to me by a friend. It is simple and easy. However, when she gave it to me, she said to use sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated. WRONG!!!!! Always use evaporated NOT the other kind! It's simple easy and quick. Just what is needed after a long day of work or Christmas shopping
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 3⁄4 lb carrot
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- onion powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons flour or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Boil potatoes and carrots together.
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- Mix flour or cornstarch with 1/4 cup of the cooking water. When mixed, put back in with the potatoes and carrots.
- Add the evaporated milk and the stick of butter. Simmer till thickened. Add salt, pepper, onion powder to taste, then add the parsley flakes. Let simmer for another minute or so.
Pretty easy to make! I did add bacon to this so I was able to use this as a main dish. Very creamy, although I added the flour to the 1/4 cup of cooking water and it it became very thick, I put it in the soup but it never broke up, so thankfully I was the one that got to bite into the flour goop! Next time I will add the flour to more of the water and maybe whisk it in to the soup more. Other then that it was simple and good taste.
I made this without using the milk or butter, so won't give stars. I really enjoyed the simple yet delicious flavors in this soup. I used homemade vegetable broth which worked well. Thanks Karin!