Recipe by KissaMew
This is a make-do what-do-we-have recipe and I am estimating the amounts. Adjust any spice to your taste but part of cooking is invention!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe for mine and SO's dinner on 3/24/11.And except for using just legs and thighs and adjusting the ingredients, this was made as written.The baking time was reduced to 30 minutes.I do wish that the chicken would have been a bit more on the crispy side.My SO seemed to like it,but I thought it was just o.k. But thank you for taking the time to post. " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 cut-up fryer
- 1 cup potatoe buds brand instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin to warm the cooking oil in a 10 inch frying skillet, add oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- Mix dry ingredients on a plate to roll the cut pieces of chicken into.
- Whisk the 2 eggs and milk, dip the chicken pieces into the egg/milk mixture, then dredge the pieces in dry mixture by roling them in the mix to thoroughly coat each piece.
- "Quick fry" the chicken on all sides to crisp the outside to a light to medium browness then lay on a large baking sheet at even spacing between pieces, mix the sizes evenly also.
- Bake uncovered in the oven at 375 degrees for about an hour (until juices run clear when you pierce a piece with a fork).
- When you take the sheet out, let the chicken cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Hint: You can also put the dry ingredients into a 1 gallon ziploc freezer bag to "shake" then fry.
- I list ingredients per chicken so you can adjust for your family needs.