Recipe by BecR
A nice simple curry sauce of scallions, cilantro, curry, butter, coconut milk, and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Goes together in minutes. Serve over your favorite fish or meat, and if desired add a side of Coconut Curry Rice, Royal Thai Rice or Jasmine Tea Rice. Wonderful! From "Jamie's Food Revolution".
- 6 scallions, sliced (green onions)
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro
- olive oil
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- sea salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim and finely slice your scallions.
- Finely chop your cilantro.
- Put a pan on low heat and add 2 good lugs of olive oil.
- Sprinkle in the curry powder and add the scallions. Stir around and add the butter.
- Cook for 20 to 30 seconds and when it's all bubbling nicely, add your coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 2 minutes.
- To finish, season to taste with salt and stir in the cilantro and lemon juice.
- Serve hot, with fish or meat and a side of jasmine rice.