Recipe by WadeF
This recipe is for those who don't have a cabinet of spices and want a short list of ingredients to remember at the grocery store. It goes over well with my family, who are used to a more traditional, labor-intensive lasagna. The recipe calls for setting the crock pot on High, which cooks the lasagna in about 2 hours, but if set on low would probably take 6-8 hours.
Top Review by Blissful74
I think this is a great base recipe, open to interpretation. I halved the recipe and I'm glad I did, because my crockpot couldn't have handled the whole thing. I omited the alfredo sauce and used 1 jar of regular sauce instead. I also added chopped onion, green pepper and artichokes to the hamburger mixture. The supermarket was also out of lasagne noodles (can you believe it!?) so I used 'mafalda' which is basically the little ruffled lasagne-inspired pieces of pasta.. i also added a good bit of parmesan with the other italian syle cheese, of which I did not halve for the recipe! cheesey and yum!
- 2 lbs ground meat
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (whatever your favorite brand and variety)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (I use the 4 cheese variety)
- uncooked lasagna noodle
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded Italian cheese blend (may use 2 if you want a cheesier lasagna)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain ground meat.
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles in bottom of crock pot.
- Spoon in a layer of ground meat.
- Layer approximately 1/3 jar of each sauce.
- Top layer with cheese.
- Repeat from step 2 for two more layers.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.