Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy and quick !! Taken from a Super Food Ideas magazine
Make and share this Very Quick Tomato and Roasted Capsicum Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 g chargrilled red capsicums, drained and diced
- 820 g tomato soup
- 1 cup milk
- oregano leaves, chopped
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in big pot and cook garlic.
- Add capsicum and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add soup,milk and 2 cups cold water.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to the boil, stir occasionally.
- Simmer,covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree in food processor or with stick blender - take care as hot.
- Add oregano and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat for about 7 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with feta.
Ok call me a copycat but I agree with the other reviewers Delicious! Healthy, quick and easy yes but it is all flavor layers that really sets this soup above others. I made as written and we both agreed that with each bite we thought something different made this soup outstanding from the garlic all the way down to balsamic vinegar. So ready to enjoy this again, thanks for the post.
Delicious, perfect for a cold wintry day. A dressed up tomato soup with that old fashioned taste and flavor. That it is so easily made is a big plus. Other then needing to use dried oregano I made as posted for a lovely supper soup. The addition of vinegar reminded me of some of those really old fashioned soups of years gone by. Thank you katew.
Delicious soup that is so quick and easy to make. A healthy lunch was on the table within 25 minutes. I used 1 1/2 cups each of milk and water, but think the proportions stated in the recipe are probably better. The feta was hiding in the fridge, so had to make-do without it. Thanks so much.