Recipe by Pepina Rae
Here's a very quick way of serving mixed vegetables that just may make you put away your steamer for forever! You can make this with any vegetables you happen to have on hand.
Top Review by jerison
Great flavor and very easy. I used a California Blend of vegetables with added purple onion, mushrooms and can of green beans (wouldn't recommend the green beans) and took it to our church life group as a side to a pasta dish. People were complementary and asked what the recipe was. Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, quartered
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian romano cheese or 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat wok or large skillet. Add olive oil.
- When very hot, add all vegetables.
- Stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add bouillon, balsamic vinegar, and water.
- Quickly cover and let steam for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Sprinke with cheese and serve.