Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
So easy to make. Goes really good with a plate of spaghetti. If you like you can sub. parmesean cheese for salt.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- coarse salt
- Heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Cut each biscuit in half.
- Roll into pencil shape, about 6 inch long.
- Place on sheet, brush with egg white.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
For a quick and easiness I give these 4 stars, but they didn't seem to be anything more than a long biscuit. Next time I'm going to give them a quick roll in garlic butter instead of egg plus the cheese.
I made these to go with the Pasta e Fagoli soup (from this site), and I made these to go along with them. I made these for the soup club I have, and I was doing this late and forgot the egg white, but it didn't matter. I did sprinkle them with the Parmesean cheese. I re-heated them the next day in the toaster oven (wrapped in foil) just to warm them up. Several people thought I made them from scratch. This was very easy and also very economical. Thank you.
What a great idea for canned bisuits. My family loved these. Quick, simple and great tasting. Thanks MizzNezz!