This is one delicious,inexpensive meal of fish. It's kind of like the "generic" of haddock; I serve this with potato and cole slaw. Thawing of fish is not included in prep time.
- Make 3 slits with knife into fish fillet.
- Place fish fillet in broil pan and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, lemon juice, paprika and 3 pats of butter.
- Broil fillet for 7-8 minutes.
- Turn over, make 3 more slits and repeat with the bread crumbs, lemon juice, paprika and 3 more pats of butter; and broil another 7-8 minutes.
- Serve with browned butter; french fries or rice, and cole slaw.
Sooooo simple and Sooooo tasty! I found I really had to watch the broiling time though. Maybe I had it to close to the element. Also I covered the broil pan with foil so I only had to wash the rack. Bonus!
I guess my fillets were not as big as yours. It only took about 2 minutes on each side to get the fish good and done. Not sure about being like lobster but it was tasty. I will make it again but will leave the bread crumbs off.
I'm not at all a fish eater, but this was great! My husband loves seafood, and was shocked that I managed pollock that could be this tasty. I had never cooked fish before, and I've never enjoyed fish. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed this. It's easy, and Tara's instructions are very clear. Thanks Tara!