Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was born when I really needed a sweet fix but couldn't spare the fat grams. I remembered another recipe I enjoyed in the past (and which is in my recipe collection here) where I liked the combination of mint and pineapple together. So, I got the food processor out and experimented a bit. I was pretty happy with the results. The cooking time doesn't include the chill time.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple chunk
- 3⁄4 cup fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda granular, sugar substitute (could use real sugar too)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Put the mint and pineapple into a food processor or blender and blitz until well combined and the pineapple is nearly pulsed but still has a bit of chunk to it.
- Add in the cream cheese and the lime juice and give it another couple seconds of blitzing until everything is well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the mayo and splenda (or sugar).
- Put in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Serve with crackers or whatever else you feel would go with the mixture.