Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is my own adaptation of banana bread, and it has turned out very moist. Lower sugar, more nutrient dense, too. Has a very fine texture due to the whole grain wheat. Try it, and you'll see! This freezes well for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine margarine, oil, sugar, stevia, and mashed bananas in a large bowl. Mix until creamy.
- Add vanilla, eggs, and milk to the creamed mix.
- In a separate bowl, measure out whole wheat flour. To get a finer texture, you can blend it. This helps to achieve the moistness and unique texture of the bread.
- Add baking soda and salt to flour, and mix.
- Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture.
- Put bread batter into a greased 9"x5" pan, and spread flat into pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, depending on the power of your oven.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. :).
I thought with just the whole wheat flour this may be too heavy or dry, but boy was I wrong! My banana hating boy ate most of this by himself. I am not sure the tsp. of stevia was worth the cost, so I may leave it out next time. I also made this in a 9x9 pan and baked for about 50 minutes. Thanks for sharing! Another keeper recipe. Made for Spring PAC 09.