Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is my own adaptation of banana bread, and it has turned out very moist. Lower sugar, more nutrient dense, too. Has a very fine texture due to the whole grain wheat. Try it, and you'll see! This freezes well for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine margarine, oil, sugar, stevia, and mashed bananas in a large bowl. Mix until creamy.
- Add vanilla, eggs, and milk to the creamed mix.
- In a separate bowl, measure out whole wheat flour. To get a finer texture, you can blend it. This helps to achieve the moistness and unique texture of the bread.
- Add baking soda and salt to flour, and mix.
- Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture.
- Put bread batter into a greased 9"x5" pan, and spread flat into pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, depending on the power of your oven.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. :).
I thought with just the whole wheat flour this may be too heavy or dry, but boy was I wrong! My banana hating boy ate most of this by himself. I am not sure the tsp. of stevia was worth the cost, so I may leave it out next time. I also made this in a 9x9 pan and baked for about 50 minutes. Thanks for sharing! Another keeper recipe. Made for Spring PAC 09.