Recipe by Mrs. McSmith
Never eat icky jarred alfredo sauce again! This is a weekly staple in my house. Add chicken, shrimp, salmon, or veggies and pasta and Parmesan cheese for a really yummy dish.
Top Review by anniegroves
Oh my goodness - what a great sauce, and so simple! I did have to make some variations though, much to my dismay, due to the unexpected realization that I was out of garlic! So, to start a base, I sauteed some onions with garlic powder. I left out the tomatoes because I was making this sauce for the Garlic Chicken Pizza (Recipe #136872). After adding the rest of the ingredients, I simmered it for quite because I wanted a thicker sauce for the pizza. I also added a touch more flour, too. Overall, great sauce!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sautee garlic 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook another minute or so.
- Mix broth and flour in same skillet. Stir in cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of the mozzarella cheese, and the pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes, stir constantly with wire whisk until it reaches desired consistency.