I found this recipe online in a compilation of crock pot recipes. I have tweaked it heavily to my own dietary needs. This is a lovely creamy soup, but not one with a lot of zing. This would be best for someone looking for subtle flavors. It is almost like mashed sweet potatoes. I tried it with a dollop of fat free sour cream but I did not like that as much as leaving it alone. If you don't have enough broth just make up the difference with water. It worked fine.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes. Put them and the broth into your slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- Put the sweet potatoes and broth into a food processor (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth.
- Put them back into the crock pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours (I left mine 3.5 and it was fine).