1/3 Photos of Very Low Fat Cream of Sweet Potato Soup in the Crock Pot
5 hrs 10 mins
I found this recipe online in a compilation of crock pot recipes. I have tweaked it heavily to my own dietary needs. This is a lovely creamy soup, but not one with a lot of zing. This would be best for someone looking for subtle flavors. It is almost like mashed sweet potatoes. I tried it with a dollop of fat free sour cream but I did not like that as much as leaving it alone. If you don't have enough broth just make up the difference with water. It worked fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice the sweet potatoes. Put them and the broth into your slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- 2Put the sweet potatoes and broth into a food processor (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth.
- 3Put them back into the crock pot.
- 4Add the rest of the ingredients.
- 5Cover and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours (I left mine 3.5 and it was fine).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Low Fat Cream of Sweet Potato Soup in the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 445.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g