These muffins are pretty much perfect -- a little sweet, very moist, and so low in the calorie and fat departments. And.....they're HUGE and have only 158 calories compared to other corn muffins which weigh in at 450 - give or take a couple of calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup splenda no calorie artificial sweetener (granulated)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 3/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt (Fage Total 0% is the best!)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, cornmeal, Splenda, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- 3In a separate medium bowl, mix together corn, egg substitute, and yogurt. Whisk thoroughly.
- 4Add contents of the medium bowl to the large one, and stir until completely mixed.
- 5Line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray.
- 6Evenly distribute batter among the 9 cups -- cups will be VERY full. (We don't call 'em MegaMuffins for nothin'!).
- 7Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 8Allow to cool and then enjoy!
- 9Calories: 158.
- 10Fat: 0.5g.
- 11Sodium: 358mg.
- 12Carbs: 32g.
- 13Fiber: 1.5g.
- 14Sugars: 9g.
- 15Protein: 6g
- 16POINTS® value 3*.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Low Fat Corn Muffins (0.5g)
Serving Size: 1 (847 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.9
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 348.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: