Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are pretty much perfect -- a little sweet, very moist, and so low in the calorie and fat departments. And.....they're HUGE and have only 158 calories compared to other corn muffins which weigh in at 450 - give or take a couple of calories.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup splenda no calorie artificial sweetener (granulated)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned cream-style corn
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt (Fage Total 0% is the best!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, Splenda, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together corn, egg substitute, and yogurt. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add contents of the medium bowl to the large one, and stir until completely mixed.
- Line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray.
- Evenly distribute batter among the 9 cups -- cups will be VERY full. (We don't call 'em MegaMuffins for nothin'!).
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!
- Calories: 158.
- Fat: 0.5g.
- Sodium: 358mg.
- Carbs: 32g.
- Fiber: 1.5g.
- Sugars: 9g.
- Protein: 6g
- POINTS® value 3*.