Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cheap, easy, and low fat dessert is always a hit. The cake is made without eggs or oil, but comes out even more moist. Check it out...
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 10 Reese's Peanut Butter cups (also can be made with virtually any kind of candy bar or cookies)
- Stir the cake mix, water, and pumpkin together. It will seem very thick, but it will be okay. Either pour into two greased 9X9 cake pans, or into one greased 9X13 pan. Follow the baking instructions on the cake mix.
- When finished, let cool.
- Mix Pudding and milk (based on instructions on pudding box). Fold in container of Cool Whip.
- When the cake has cooled, take either one of the 9X9s or half of the 9X13 and crumble into the serving dish (whatever container you will be serving this from). Top with half of the pudding/cool whip mixture. Top with half of the crumbled candy bars. Then, make another layer of cake, pudding, and candy bars.
- There is no fat in the cake. There is a little in the pudding and Cool Whip, and of course in the candy bars, but it is still very light, especially if you use low fat Cool Whip and choose a lighter candy bar.