Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are some very yummy brownies and I find they are best eaten hot. They are quick and easy too. I have found that a nice variation is to use a flavoured yogurt.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, essence
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F / Gas 4. Line a 20 cm /8in cake tin with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in to a large bowl. Stir in the caster sugar then beat in the egg, yogurt, vanilla and vegetable oil until thoroughly combined. put the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until just firm to the touch. Leave in the tin until cooled completely.
- Using a sharp knife, cut in to 16 squares, then remove from the tin using a spatula.