Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a recipe originally posted by Kris Lundberg at allrecipes.com. My version doesn't use oil, so if you clean your chicken well, it is VERY low fat! See note below for serving suggestions.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 3 ounces baby carrots, julienne cut
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4-1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- nonstick cooking spray
- rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Set aside for later.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 1 cup water and vegetables to skillet. Cover and steam over medium heat until crisp/tender, stirring occasionally. Remove and keep warm, draining any extra water.
- Add chicken broth to pan, bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat; add vegetables, chicken, and soy sauce mixture. Stir fry for about 5 minutes at a simmer, until heated through.
- Combine cornstarch and 2T of water, and stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook for a few minutes, until thickened.
- Serve over hot rice!
- NOTE: I like to throw the rice right into the stir fry at the end and mix it all up, adding some egg white as well for a "fried rice" feel. You may need to add more soy sauce depending on how much rice you use!
Great simple recipe, but a little bland for my taste. So here are my changes:
- The sauce has a great flavor already, but I added about 1 tsp apple cider vinegar for an extra zip. In my opinion, this made way too much sauce for the recipe, but I added no rice.
- I cooked the chicken in a tsp each of ground ginger, onion powder, and a tbsp ground garlic with a little but of EVOO.
- I only used 1/4 water to steam the veggies, and I still had some to pour off.
Thanks for sharing this recipe! I bet it would be good with mushrooms as well! YUM!
This is a delicious combination of chicken and vegetables! A healthy treat for a quick evening meal. I willl be making this again. Thanks for sharing yogiclarebear. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
VERY GOOD! First time I made stir fry with no oil and the steaming effect actually make the veggies more tastie. We like a lot of sauce for our rice and all the broth with a touch of cornstarch was perfect. Husband never knew it was "Low fat". A keeper.